Toa Payoh Vets Clinical
Making veterinary surgery alive
to a veterinary student studying in Australia
using real case studies and pictures
CREATE COMPELLING GRAPHIC
DESIGN IN VETERINARY REPORTS
TO IMPRESS THE PROFESSORS
Dr Sing Kong Yuen, BVMS
06 August, 2009
Graphic Design Essentials: Skills, Software and
Joyce Walsh Macanio
LAYOUT - Path Layouts
A good path displays the objects of the page or print
such that the reader's eyes read all its contents in a
meaningful sequence. Start with a focal point to hook
in the reader.
can be formed by:
1. Make an object a bright colour
2. Make an object dark.
3. Emphasize a compelling image or word
4. Sharpen one object and the others softly focused.
5. Object has a different texture or gloss.
6. Object has colour but background is black and
7. Change the value of the object to create contrast
with the background
8. Unusual direction or position on the page for the
9. Object isolated on the page.
Integrate Type and
1. Readers will read if you place your headline near
the focal point or along the path.
2. Accents such as supporting images and text are
placed to lead the eye through the page. Repeat
colours, shapers and textures to create flow.
3. Vary size and color of text. Headline is the
largest and brightest. Yellow against blue for
example. Small logo in corner in white. Small dark
copyright info at bottom left or right.